We are a policy organisation and do not provide direct support.  For emergency accommodation contact One Link on 1800 176 468. 

For other services see our Links Page


For emergency accommodation – One Link is the gateway giving access to over 40 individual homelessness services. One Link or call 1800 176 468

Crisis intervention, legal support & advocacy, support programs, safety planning, support, advice and information. DVCS links and resources

6280 0900 (24 hours)

A community hub  in the Canberra City Uniting Church building at 69 Northbourne Avenue, Canberra City. supporting Canberra people who are experiencing, or at risk of experiencing homelessness, and those experiencing social isolation.  EMC links & resources

Support services 

Legal advice

Housing Law is a specialist service of Canberra Community Law providing free, independent and confidential legal help.  Housing Law can provide you with free legal advice if you are having problems with Housing ACT or a community housing provider in the ACT – (02) 6218 7900.

A free and confidential outreach legal service for people who are experiencing or at risk of homelessness.  Street Law provides legal advice and casework assistance and connects clients with other services.

Free legal advice on a range of tenancy matters – 1300 402 512

Other support

STS works with people whose tenancy is at risk (Tenancy Support) or who are facing barriers in establishing a private tenancy (Housing Options).  Phone referral through OneLink – 1800 176 469.

STS assists people across Canberra to maintain a safe and stable home.  The service is available to all households, including public and private tenants and home owners.  

STS provides outreach support to people in housing stress, or who may be at risk of homelessness, regardless of the reason for their circumstances.  The service  also provides opportunities to expand knowledge, enhance skills, access resources, and build connections to communities in order to manage issues that may be impacting a tenant’s capacity to maintain long-term secure accommodation.

Next Door program.- If you are a single older woman age 50+ (or 45+ for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander women) and are homeless or in housing stress, 

Affordable housing program – If you are a single woman in unstable housing or homeless,

Transitional housing program – If you are a woman with dependent children (with or without a partner) and are in unstable housing or homeless,r.

Rentwell – charitable property management service, enables private property owners to rent their properties at affordable rates for people on moderate incomes.

YWCA also provides an outreach service for homeless people. Workers can meet with people at a convenient place for them. Where they cannot provide direct support, they can people to an appropriate, alternative service.

Housing related counselling and support and advocacy to assist older people in the ACT to access appropriate housing options or sustain their current housing.

ACT Government Services

Government customers and regulatory services in the ACT.

Over 450 services including motor vehicle registration renewal, payment of rates and management of traffic and parking infringements.

Access Canberra also regulates a range of industries within the ACT, including building, environment protection, fair trading, liquor, and transport.

You can phone 13 22 81. Or visit their Service Centres 

Contact page for ACT Government housing and support services.  Includes application information as well as information for HACT tenants.

Other support services

A service delivery hub for new and recently arrived refugees and migrants to settle in to the ACT and surrounding regions.

An Aboriginal community controlled primary health care service operated by the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community of the ACT.

Connecting Young People to Services in the ACT


Shelter bodies around Australia


Housing policy and research