In 2023 ACT Shelter undertook a desktop review project for Housing ACT to be used as a resource for the new procurement process for providing appropriate services for people not engaging with existing support services
The research paper provides:
- A collated list of available source data that considers:
- The characteristics of highly vulnerable service users and their links to homelessness. Factors could include difficulty to engage, the need for resource intensive and longer-term support to sustain a tenancy, and characteristics such as significant and / or enduring behaviours and comorbidities.
- Contemporary, evidence-based service delivery models of support and policy frameworks from other Australian jurisdictions and OECD countries.
- Models of support include case management, assertive outreach, coordination and / or brokerage, consider what timely and responsive support looks like for this cohort, and policy considerations to support proposed models of care.
- A summary of insights drawn from the data
Click here to download a copy